Pann's



I finally made it to Pann's this morning!!! Yay!!! I drove my girlfriend to LAX so we had breakfast at Pann's, 6710 La Tijera Blvd, LA CA 90045, 323-776-3770. It turns out that those diner scenes in the film Pulp Fiction were shot there. What a really cool place, definitely period architecture and the interior is awesome. Megan Rebeca had eggs, bacon and hasbrowns and I had the chicken fried steak with grits. Grits are like Japanese "Oka-yu" (rice porridge) except they're made out of corn meal and you can put butter in it. I really like it but I don't think I can eat it every morning. The first time I had grits was in Kentucky. My flight came in pretty late at night so the only place open on the highway was the Waffle House. We walked in and sat down. I saw grits on the menu, so I ordered that and waffles, of course. The waitress, in her southern drawl looked at me funny and said, "Honey, are you sure you want that?" I told her it was my first time eating grits and she said she didn't like grits and she was from the South. (it reminded my how a lot of Hawaiians don't like Poi) I loved it and it went very well with the waffles. Back at Pann, our server was very sweet and funny. I asked questions about the interior and photos they had up. She was very helpful. I can't say it was the best breakfast I had but I did really enjoy my grits. I will be back. By the way, I brought back some "Sock-it-to-me" cake. It was delicious. It's a butter cake with cinnamon and walnuts with a sugary glaze.

Comments

Popular Posts