Label's Table Deli





There's quite a few places to eat on Pico around Robertson which is primarily a Jewish community. The Museum of Tolerance is a couple of blocks away. I found Label's Table Deli, 9226 West Pico Blvd., LA CA 310-276-0388, www.labelstabledeli.com, this weekend.

Appropriately, I had just seen the film "Steal a Pencil for Me", a story about two Holocaust survivors and how they fell in love just prior to being put into the concentration camps. They continued communication during their years there and the films about how they survived, in part, due to their love for each other. It was a sobering and endearing film.

Afterwards, I was hungry so I drove down to Pico and decided to try a new place which turned out to be Label's. What a great pastrami sandwhich! Fresh meats, toasty rye bread and just the right amount of mustard. The pickles where fresh and crunchy. I ordered a Matzo Ball soup too. If it's on the menu, it's always hard to pass up and was perfect for the weather, a little chilly and gray. I also bought a couple of kinishes which I heated later at home and ate. One was filled with potatos and the other had corn beef/hash in it.

Comments

Popular Posts