Yorkshire Grill





Yorkshire Grill, 610 West 6th Street, LA CA 90017, 213-623-3362, just west of Pershing Square in Downtown LA, is perhaps my favorite Downtown Deli. I've been eating lunch there since 1992. Their old school deli sandwiches are fantastic like the pastrami with swiss cheese and coleslaw. It's called the Yorkshire Special. I like the Pershing Square Special which is peanutbutter and bacon. Today, I ordered the potato pancakes with applesauce and sourcream. My friend Zipporah, who's a vegetarian, ordered the grilled cheese. We shared, so the image you see here is the two orders shared on a plate. I also love the matza-ball soup. it comes with this baseball-size matza-ball. I didn't order it today. Next week!

By the way, the interior photo was taken around 11:40 AM. See how there's seats. About 12:10 PM, there's a line outside. Just a heads up!

Comments

Young Mi said…
and they make NY egg cream--i always get that (chocolate, of course). we frequented this place when i worked at the Gas Tower (with a view from the 18th floor!).
CAFE LA LA said…
The Gas Tower has an awesome collection of art.

Popular Posts