Tea Garden

I went for a bike ride this morning. It was perfect weather for me and my Motobecame. I went up to Hollywood and over to Beverly Hills. After about an hour of riding here and there, I stumbled onto the Tea Garden, 8612 Melrsoe Avenue, West Hollywood CA 90069, 1-800-288-4372. It's a small but inviting storefront. The front room has a delicate but colorful display of teas, tea sets and other tea items. Behind the counter is Dr. Tea, who's family has been in the tea business for 200 years. A very learned and passionate tea expert. They display a ton of teas and they will even combine them for you to take home or drink in their garden. Yes, they have a garden that feels like you are in another world. It's very Asian yet it's cleverly designed into a booth-like layout where you or you and your party can enjoy tea and company in semi-seclusion.

I spoke with Dr. Tea and said I was riding my bkie for an hour and would like something like an Yerbe Matte but not Yerba Matte. He reccomended a Hojicha. Actualy, I ended up spending the next hour drinking a Hojicha De La Creme with Tahitian vanilla and vanilla blossoms. Mannn, it was good. I had two pots worth while reading a book I've been recently trying to finish.

There's nothing like a tea that helps you trancend time.

Comments

kim abeles said…
Ok Alan, I am really hungry now. I planned to make oatmeal. Maybe now I'll need to sprinkle it with something other than a tab of butter!

Thanks for all the yummy recommendations. My first search is for Lee Kam Kee. Vietnamese food is always fresh in the upbeat sense of the word too.
CAFE LA LA said…
Thanks Kim! I love oatmeal with blueberries. Actually, I like anything with blueberries.

Popular Posts