Roscoe's

There are now five locations with the addition of their Long Beach eatery. The one I go to is right near my house at 5006 West Pico Blvd LA CA 90019, 323-934-4405. Several people have told me the original is the one in Hollywood on Gower. It's a great place too but kind of small and dark.



There are various items on the menu named after famous? or not so famous local folk. i.e. Lord Harvey, Jeanne Jones, E-Z Eds. I have no idea who these folks are.

Their sweet potato pie is delicious. I always order the chicken and waffles. It's their staple and with a lemonade, it makes for a very fine meal.

I hardly every use the second cup of syrup they give you, love the melted butter and I know some folks pour the syrup onto the chicken too. That's pretty hardcore. However, I need the hot sauce. I like to pour a lot of it on my fried chicken. The chicken is fried to perfection. it is perhpas one of the finest fried chickens in town. The people are so nice. You're always greeted with a friendliness that I always appreciate.



When I was the director of the Simply Songwriting Music festival at St. Elmo Village, I always had them cater our selection panels. It made for very happy panelists.

Comments

Ellen Bloom said…
Yes, Roscoe's is really a good restaurant. The chicken and waffles are my favorite too.

Recently, I was at Pann's Coffee Shop on La Cienega and La Tijera in Ladera Hts. and ordered their chicken and waffles. It was delicious. Pann's waffle wasn't quite as sugary as Roscoe's, and it was crispier. The fried chicken was really good too. Give it a try when you're in the area.

Thanks again for your great reviews. It's so nice to read about restaurants in various areas of the City!
CAFE LA LA said…
Oh, I've passed by that so many times but never heard anyone reccomend it. I am definitely going to check that out next time. Thanks you!!!

Popular Posts