R-23



Part of eating out is satisfying a craving. For me, a craving is often based on a first impression so positive that it rings in your taste buds years, and in some cases, decades later.

R-23, 923 East 2nd Street, Suite 109 Los Angeles CA 90013, 213-687-7178, is such a place.

Now, it's a little bit more cash to eat lunch here than most and a lot more cash for dinner but once in a while is alright. First and foremost, the sushi is one of the best in town, in my humble opinion.

The interior has a good balance between a semi-regal atmosphere and a fun/causal comfort that I appreciate. That's not an easy balance. It's partially the way they treat you. The service is excellent. The food is always fresh and deliicous and always with a sweet attention to details and presentation.

I especially like the collection of art in the interior and in the selection of dishware.

They have a delicious green tea drink that's cool, refreshing and calming but back to the craving. Once in a while, I have a craving for their fried oysters. R-23 has an excellent menu of Japanese Cuisine but after going their for over a decade, my taste buds call for this simple and awesome dish of delicately fried bite size jewels, served with a Japanese style Worchestershire sauce and hot mustard. It comes with a memorable bowl of miso soup, salad with Japanese-style dressing and rice.

By the way, regarding my picture above, the order comes with three more pieces of fried oysters but I was so happy I forgot to take a picture before I started eating. Sorry about that.

Comments

Popular Posts