Groundwork


I am not a coffee drinker.

I drink hot tea almost everyday and a lot at work. However, my co-workers are addicted to coffee and they will go out of their way for good coffee. What constitues "good" coffee? Hmmm, I'm not an expert. The bean is different from different regions, much like the way grapes for various vineyards can add uniqueness to a wine but I was told it's all in the roasting. Groundwork, 811 Traction Avenue Los Angeles CA, (323) 871-0107, roasts their own Fair Trade coffee locally.

I'm told if you drive around Marina Del Rey near the warehouse, you can become fixiated on the arouma in the neighborhood. I have yet to vist that warehouse but their main coffe place on Rose Avenue just west of Lincoln is a great place to visit.

"Bitches Brew" is the name of my favorite Miles Davis album. In that music, is a carefully sculpted feast of sounds to inpire the ephemeral dragons in our soul and that's exactly what the coffee, "Bitches Brew" does to me. Again, I don't drink coffee but when I do, it's "Bitches Brew" from Groundwork.



The one in Downtown LA makes a fantastic Greek Salad. That salad makes me very happy. This place is also one of the few places that serves Yerba Matte, that bitter Argentina coffee. My friends Steve and Kumiko introduced it to me. They are Tango enthusiasts. You can get the Yerba Matte, Salad, a bag of chips and a cookie for about $14.

Comments

Popular Posts