CAKEWALK



I had to wake up really early this morning for a meeting in the San Gabriel Valley. It was a dark morning but there were quite a few cars on the road already, everybody thinking the same thing I bet, "Damn this early".

By the time I was coming back from the meeting, driving towards Downtown LA, it was around the time I usually wake up in the morning or at least it felt like that. I needed something in my blood to be able to face my office environment, some office drug. Chocolate cake and an espresso? yes, that will do.

Cakewalk, 1326 East 1st Street, LA CA 90033, 323-261-0852, http://www.cakewalkbakery.net/desserts.html, called for me like an angel. I sat down and ordered my angelic fuel. I am not a coffee drinker but there's something about the espresso at Cakewalk that makes me really happy and content but it's all about the cake, the chocolate cake. It's got a delicious chocolate coat that is so delicious and dignified. This isn't some market bought frosting, someone came up with a chocolate frosting that is for chocoholics. It's so obvious the moment you bite into the cake. Like some underground handshake or secret code, the chocolate says, "yeah, welcome club member, welcome to the moment and enjoy yourself!"

Espresso and cake totaled for under $7.00. (What an evil breakfast)

Comments

Popular Posts