Brooklyn Bagels



My birthday celebration continued today. My friend Sojin, who's a curator at the Japanese American National Museum brought me a bag of Brooklyn Bagels, 2217 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles CA 90057, 800-78-4BAGELS, with some cream cheese. Sojin is from DC (I believe) and has lived on the eastcoast, so I know she knows what a good bagel is.

It's not easy finding a good bagel in LA. They have to be fresh, like made that morning, otherwise, it's not going to be fresh tasting inside the bagel itself. otherwise, you have to toast it, which I'm cool with too. I enjoy cream cheese with blueberry jam or cream cheese with lox and maybe capers.

My favorite bagel in the whole wide world is Essa-a-bagel in new York, http://ess-a-bagel.com/

Pictured are some of the bagels in the bag Sojin brought me. Missing is the onion bagel. If there's an onion bagel near me, you will not see it. It is mine!

I also wanted to mention that "Brooklyn" is very important to LA. Brookyln was the name of the street that is now Cesar Chavez. That's the street that starts in Downtown LA and goes through East LA. Self Help Graphics started the first Dia Los Muertos Parade down this street. Secondly, our Dodgers are from Brooklyn. Brooklyn folk are still bitter about this but we give them our props.

Comments

Popular Posts