Ciros Mexican Food



In East LA at 705 North Evergreen Avenue is Ciros. It's across the street from an elementary school, just south of the famous El Tepeyac where they used to offer $50 to anyone who could finish their largest burrito in one sitting.

Ciro's is also a couple blocks north of the Evergreen Cemetery. It's one of the coolest cemeteries in town because as you walk around and read the old school tombstones, you get a history lesson in what LA used to be like.

Ciros was introduced to me by Rober Semon, when we used to run the mural program at the Social and Public Art Resource Center in the early 90's. We were all over the City and so we got to discover some great places to eat, Ciro's being one of them.


The first thing they bring you is a bowl of salsa with big chunks of avocado. I love avocados so this always puts me in a great mood.

The menu is huge with soups, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, quesadillas, and other combination plate specials. I've sampled most of them in the seventeen years I've been going there but I keep going back to the Chicken Mole, $10.00. Other favorites are the Huevos Rancheros, Huevos con Chorizo, Steak Picado (chopped steak) and Chile Rellenos (stuffed peppers).

The food has been consistently delicious, homemade like and it'll make you sleepy for the rest of the day, a sad reality on your drive back to work but worth it.

Comments

Perfect Dish for my Mom! Thanks for sharing this because she also desire to have some recipe of a Mexican food.
CAFE LA LA said…
My pleasure! Bon Apetite!!!

Popular Posts