The Apple Pan



I am not a vegetarian. I like to eat vegan sometimes. I was once upon a time in college for about two or three years. Something in my body turned meat away. What brought me back was a sudden desire for a Tommy's Burger. You know that feeling?

Hamburgers are sold all over the world. It's a relatively simple dish derived from the German beef dish. Once it was Americanized into a sandwich, "Walla!", a yummy hand held meal.

One of my favorite places to get a burger in LA LA is Apple Pan, 10801 West Pico Blvd, 310-475-3585. It's across the street from the Westside Pavilion, a block east of Pico and Westwood Blvd.

The shop is a return to the past with its' screen door, painted wood exterior and very cool neon sign. Inside is a three sided booth surrounding the "kitchen" in the center. Almost everyone can watch there burger being made. There's an Original and a Hickory flavored burger. The cheese is old school and thick.

The fries are delicious and they serve the water in those fun cone like paper cups that sit in their holders. Sometimes I order a rootbeer but I usually order a coffee with my burger. I am not a coffee drinker but for some reason they tast really good together. When your fries come, they slap a paper dish infront of you and squirt a mound of ketchup into it. It feels like a teammate slapping you on the back. "Good job mann, way to go".

Why's it called Apple Pan? Because of their homemade apple pie. They have a cream pie too that's great but I'm partial to the apple pie Ala mode. Why not? I got my coffee already.

I often wonder, sitting at the counter, if the food is served the same way from when it first opened back in the day? Is that why it taste so good? It's pre the fast food era or at least it feels like that.

The burgers are not from a dollar menu. I always end up spending near $20 for everything but isn't that cheap for thirty minutes of heaven?

You don't want to spend too much time hanging out once you've eaten. Along the front and side walls are people standing waiting patiently for there turn to sit-order-and fly in LA LA.

Comments

Popular Posts